CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

TACKLE IT TUESDAY

Cos I'm finally back to tackling things!!! I'm not quite sure why I got out of the habit, but I'm back into it with a vengence!!!!


I have this big plan to redecorate my son's bedroom for his 6th birthday. Its not till July, but still, I needed the place tidy in order to get an idea of what I can do. He has too many toys, and his room is not used to its best, but all of a sudden today, I felt a need to deal with it all. I AM MAD. So here it is



This is his bookcase. He likes books as much as me, and I have happily spent far too much money on making sure he has books that he likes, that will help him learn to read and that are fun. It did look like this...



And now...it looks like this...
His toy and clothes cupboards were utter madness, spilling out onto the floor, as only a small child looking for that 1 piece of lego he had 20 weeks ago for 5 minutes can achieve...

And now they look like he is a human child instead of a small howler monkey!!!!



He also had an additional pile of toys hidden behind his door...
which soon went away with a little hard work leaving...
SPACE!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and I made his bed all pretty too...

What amazes me the most is just how many toys he has. He's only 5. I think that people think I don't let him play or something so keep buying him toys!!!! I'm going to have to go through all of them before July just so that I can fit them into a space smaller than a people carrier!!!!!!
Thats it for now. I have other news, but it doesnt need to go in this post!

7 comments:

Gattina said...

And it's not the end with accumulating toys, lol ! I remember my son could open a toy shop if he had wanted to !

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

WOW - what a pretty room!! GOOD WORK!

Carina said...

I especially love the book shelf. We are a book family too, and there are literally hundreds of baby/kids books around this house somewhere.

Graeme said...

Very impressive ;)

Jenny said...

Wow! That's a huge tackle!! I think it's great that your son loves books....that's money well spent in my opinion! Thanks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

My youngest son's room so needs that, too. Looks great!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

it looks GREAT! way to go! :)