CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 12, 2007

To my Parents

Happy 18th Anniversary.

Not for you two, you have been together far longer than that, but for us. It was 18 years ago today that I moved in with you permanently, and for that I am forever grateful.

I know we have our ups and downs, and I know we all annoy each other like crazy sometimes. Despite all that, I wouldn't change a moment of the last 18 years for absolutely anything.

Being with you has shaped my life, has changed the path I was on to one that is brighter, happier and contains more hope than you can imagine. And I thank you for that.

You guys truly saved me, made my life bearable. Without you, I would be nothing, instead I am your daughter, and so proud of that fact. If I hadn't moved in with you all those years ago, I know exactly where I'd be right now, and it's not somewhere where I would be able to be accepted into society. But I am, because of you.

The debt I owe you is huge, is insurmountable, and all I can do to repay you is live my life as you have shown me, make you proud of me, bring my child up how you brought me up, not how I was brought up before.

I couldn't imagine my life without you, you are both by far the most influential people in my life, and among the most important.

I love you both very much, and thank you for all the effort, time and love you have given to give me a chance at a life.

2 comments:

Graeme said...

where did that come from?

Anonymous said...

awwwww! That was beautiful!