CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #12



Thirteen Random facts about me.





1…I DETEST mushrooms. Even the smell of them makes me ill.

2...I have really small feet. (Well, I did say random facts!)

3...I can read a 400 page book in approx. 3 hours.

4...I can play the Piano (Grade 5), Clarinet (also Grade 5) and every member of the Recorder family (again at Grade 5).

5...I have only cried in front of 4 people since I was 7.

6...I'm actually far more intelligent than my job, mannerisms and character convey.

7...My English Lit 'A'-Level result was the highest in my college, and I slept thru half of each exam, still managing to produce over 14 handwritten sheets of A4 for each exam and my coursework (2 essays, one on sympathising with the character of Stanley in 'A Streetcar Named Desire' and one exploring the impact that being childhood outcasts had on Jane Eyre from 'Jane Eyre' and Heathcliff from 'Wuthering Heights' as they reached adulthood and took their places in society) took me a total of 12 hours to complete.

8...My greatest achievement in life will always be my son, even if I went on to impact the world somehow, it would still be my boy.

9...If there's a big-ass spider in my house I have to get my mother over to catch it.

10...I have a really, really high pain threshhold.

11...I have discussed parts of my childhood with only 2 people. Neither of which I turned to when I had to face my biological mother in November.

12...If I can do it myself I will. I will only turn to people if I have no other choice.

13...I found this list really, really hard to write!




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If there's a big-ass spider in my house I have to get my mother over to catch it."

:D Interesting list. What about if it's a small spider?

Joan said...

This kind of introspection and analysis of ourselves helps us grow and develop. Good for you for looking inward for understanding! I enjoyed reading your list -- mine is also posted.

Dolores said...

This is my first "13" -- I was also surprised at how hard it was to write. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into who you are.

Laura said...

moms are great for catching and disposing of spiders even for the kids who fancy themselves to be all growed up!
my tt is up.

Samantha said...

I can relate with #1 (mushrooms are NASTY!), #3 (I am an AVID reader!!), #8 (although, I dont have a son, I have 4 year old twin daughters :) ),and #9 (except I call my husband! LOL)
My TT is up:
http://doubletwintrouble.blogspot.com/2007/01/thursday-13.html

Caylynn said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing these facts about yourself. I cry very easily, so I can't imagine crying only in front of so few people!

Happy TT. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, and great list! Ha, I have really small feet, too -- my boots are size five. But I'm good friends with a big spider -- hubby and I have a tarantula as a pet. Her name is Ellie Mae, LOL!

Happy TT, and mine's up!

Scribbit said...

Oh how I love those tasty fungi. My husband hates them though and it's a battle around here.

Le laquet said...

I'm with you on the spider front! But it's my dad as my mum is totally useless with them too. yuk

Hen Jen said...

I find it really hard to write in depth about myself...I could not write a 100 things about me post for my 100th post. It's hard, but good for you for doing it.

I don't like mushrooms either, uck!

as I get older, I get more freaked out by spiders. And I am good about spotting them, I am always waking my husband up to go kill one. Can't believe I actually scooped a trantuala into a glass jar when I was a kid...I would have hysterics now just being in the same room.

I think my children are my best contrabution to the world too.

happy TT! mine is up, kind of late, come visit!
Jenny in Ca

Tizzie said...

...If its a small spider...ummm...I can do it myself, as long as I scrub myself afterwards!!!