CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #13



Thirteen Things I should cook more often.

An odd one today, because I'm hungry, I'm starting to realize just how much I miss cooking for people, and, trying to pick a topic for my 13th 13 was far more difficult than it should have been!!!!!! Happy TT all!

1...Lasange....is there ever a point where you've eaten too much when it comes to this? If there is I havent found it yet!

2...Devil's food chocolate cake.....moist, dark, rich and oh so very delicious! I dont often eat cakes that I've baked but with this one, I have to be careful that I dont eat the whole thing!

3...Bread.....whenever the world gets too much I bake bread. Theres something about the smell of it baking, and then, spliting open a warm roll fresh from the oven and putting REAL butter in it that makes everything alright with the world.

4...Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice.....One of my ultimate favourite 'foods-from-a-jar' (at least the sauce is) quick, easy and so so yummy!!

5...Sausage, Mash and gravy....comfort food, without a doubt my definate comfort food. If I have had a bad day, I climb into my fuzziest jammies and curl up with mashed potato!

6...Egg and Bacon Sandwiches. Of course, I dont mean a healthy sort!! I mean hot, fresh baked bread, sliced as thickly as I can get away with, slathered in real butter, with 4 rashers of well done bacon and 2 fried eggs, with runny yolks, covered with ketchup or brown sauce. I'm so hungry now!!

7...Pizza. Its one of the few 'fast' foods that I will actually cook from scratch. I use what started life as a variation of a pasta sauce for the topping, because I personally love a well covered pizza, as well as making the base as 'deep-pan' as I can!!!

8...Potato Salad....mainly because when I make one it has things like cold chicken, apple, raisans, celery, cucumber, mustard and other things in. Its one of those things I make when I have random things left in the fridge!

9...Steak Pie.....I will admit that I am a bad bad person and I dont make shortcrust pastry...I just cant...I make suet pastry. I'll make a stew, and cook it for about 12 hours until its all so tender and, well, just really nice, and then I'll have stew and dumplings one night, and a steak pie the next. Fattening, unhealthy and so very fullfilling!

10...Chocolate Fudge Cake....Theres really no reason to cook this anymore, cos it's just me and the boy..........but I do love it.

11...Fry-ups....I love fry-ups, but I love them best when I cook them! I wont eat one when I'm out for breakfast anymore, but I will cook one on Christmas Morning every year.

12...Roasts.....I love good, old-fashioned, simple food, the roast dinner being one of my favourites. The problem is that the boy isnt too impressed by them, so whenever I cook a roast, I'm cooking for just me. I cant really justify it, so my cooking of roasts has dropped to once a year too!

13...Fruit Crumbles....as above, good, and simple food. And the one dessert that I will both cook and eat on the same day, with fresh single cream!!!




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am trying to eat good, but I want recipes for all of those..I wish i could cook half of those

Caylynn said...

Yummy! Especially 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7. I love fresh bread, but without the butter.

Happy T13. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmm...delicious!