CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In

Tonight was weigh-in night for my Slimming World group. For some reason, every week, I spend my Wednesday full of fear. I sit and think about everything I've eaten all week, what I should have walked away from (chocolate spread this week, treat sized Crunchies last week) and then I panic about having put weight on. I worry about what I've done that I shouldn't have, and what I haven't done that I really should have (exercise falls into this category most weeks).

The thing of it is, I only started this whole thing on the 30th July. That means that I have only been doing it for 13 weeks. I have lost 2 stone and 1.5 lbs in that time. That's 29.5 lbs. That's 14.5 bags of sugar. That's a hell of a lot of weight to lose. So, realistically, if I did put on a pound or even two, how much difference would it really make. As long as I continue along this path, as long as I stick to the positive changes I have made in my life, its all gonna be good. This doesn't stop the fear though, or the paranoia.

All this stress is ok though. At the end of the day, I've already dropped 2 dress sizes, so my self confidence is constantly rising. I'm fitter (a little bit anyway). I'm healther. I'm a better example for my son. Once I lose my weight, I am learning to swim. Its actually quite awesome. The only thing ow will be sticking to it, and not giving in to my small stash of 'emergency Mars Bars'.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your progress in losing weight